Apply Today: 2019 Mentoring Program with 212
Applications are now closed.
212 is proud to announce the Spring Kickoff of our Mentoring Program! The 212 Mentoring Program has been designed to pair and team senior executives with junior professionals in the advertising community. Mentors and mentees will have the platform to connect and work together on key matters to help the mentee advance and develop their skillset. Mentors benefit by giving back and providing guidance to the future generation of media.
WHATS NEW FOR 2019? MENTORING TEAMS!
This year, the format is evolving to connect more people and stimulate better conversations. Mentors and mentees will be grouped in teams up to 6 people – 3 mentors and 3 mentees. It’s our hope that the group format allows everyone to benefit from sharing experiences and learning from one another, as well as allow mentors/mentees to develop an individual relationship more organically.
The 212 Mentoring Program has been designed to pair and team senior executives with junior professionals in the advertising community. Mentors and mentees will have the platform to connect and work together on key matters to help the mentee advance and develop their skillset. Mentors benefit by giving back and providing guidance to the future generation of media.
AM I A MENTOR OR MENTEE?
Mentor: Advisor, Friend, Teacher, Coach. Seasoned media executives looking to give back, share knowledge and expertise, provide guidance and give time to junior professionals. 212 Mentors are expected to have at least 10 years of media experience.
Mentee: Protégé, Rising Star, Future Boss. Junior media professionals who are hungry to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Mentees are individuals aspiring to advance and accept guidance from senior executives. Mentees are encouraged to manage the relationship with their mentor and ask for direction.
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINE
- Submit Mentoring Program application at org/join-the-212-nyc-mentorship-program. You must be a current member of 212NYC to be able to apply.
- INITIAL APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 1st.
- FOLLOW UP QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants will be asked to complete a follow-up questionnaire to further help support the Committee in learning about the candidate. This follow up is required. Follow Ups are due back by Friday, March 15th
- Participants will be informed by Friday, March 22nd if they’ve been accepted along with information on the Mentoring Team they’ve been assigned to for the year.
- Kick off event will be held early April.
- Program will be run from April – December 2019
- Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month
- Mentoring works best with not only the right match, but with regular meetings. That means continuing to stay in touch past the first couple months. We ask that you hold each other accountable to continue participating.
- Mentors and Mentees should try to attend at least (1) 212 event throughout the year together
- If you’re joining the mentoring program just to find a new job that is not the purpose of the program.
- All communications and discussions between teams will be kept confidential
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com