212NYC Mentoring Program
Note: Applications have closed for 2018.
The 212 Mentoring Program has been designed to pair and team senior executives with junior professionals in the advertising community. In a one to one environment, mentors and mentees will have the platform to connect and work together on key matters to help the mentee advance and develop their skillset. Mentors benefit by giving back and providing guidance to the future generation of media.
Who are Mentors?
Advisor, Friend, Teacher, Coach
Seasoned media executives looking to give back, share knowledge and expertise, provide guidance and give time to a junior professional. 212 Mentors are expected to have at least 10 years of media experience.
Who are Mentees?
Protégé, Student, Future Boss
Junior media professionals who are hungry to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Mentees are individuals aspiring to advance and accept guidance from senior executives. Mentees are encouraged to manage the relationship with their mentor and ask for direction.
New Application Process!
Moving into 2018, 212NYC will be rolling out a new and improved application process for matching applicants and mirror that of a real industry interview. We will be hosting a Mentoring Program Kick-Off event in January/February where mentees and mentors will have the opportunity to meet each other and select who they would like to be paired with for the 2018 program.
Application Steps for both Mentors & Mentee Applicants:
- Submit Mentoring Program application at 212nyc.org/join-the-212-nyc-mentorship-program. You must be a current member of 212NYC to be able to apply.
- Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, November 22nd
- Initial applications will be reviewed and vetted by the Mentoring Committee.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a follow-up questionnaire to further help support the Committee in learning about the candidate.
- Upon thorough review of all applicants, a limited amount of individuals will be asked to schedule and complete a formal interview with members of the 212NYC Board of Directors
- Participants will be informed by the end of the year if they have been selected to join our Mentoring Class of 2018
- Kick Off/Matching event to be hosted January/February of 2018
212NYC will be looking to accommodate a limited amount of mentor and mentee spots for our 2018 class.
- Program will be run for 12 months, starting January 2018
- Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month
- All communications and discussions between teams will be kept confidential
- Mentors and Mentees should try to attend at least (1) 212 event throughout the year together
- Attend designated Mentoring Program events/gatherings throughout the year. Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org